Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Heron: A lesson in Grays, Blues and Luck

Great Blue Heron
16x12 oil
$375
                                                                




One day while painting with my Florida painting buddy (Greta Waldas)  in Fort DeSoto State park we were stalked by a number of curious birds. This fellow, who I believe to be a Great Blue Heron, hung out with us most of the day along with a Snowy Egret causing me to lay down my brush and pick up my camera over and over. They had no fear of us and came within 3 ft of me often. I felt so honored by them.

In light of the recent Japan earthquake and tsumami I had heard that cranes were considered "good luck" for the Japanese people...if that is true I humbly submit this one to you. I prayed for you while I painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...