Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Fascination with Florida Birds


Pelican II
10x20  oil
$400 Framed










I have decided to start a new blog having recently returned from a prolonged trip to Florida. When I got there one of the first things I noted were the birds everywhere...Mockingbirds, Mourning Doves, Cardinals, flocks of wild Parrots and Crows by the hundreds. At the beaches I saw birds I still don't know the names of among Pelicans, Snowy Egrets, Great Blue Herons, Sand Pipers and more. I am an avid photographer on my journeys and returned with a wealth of images from which to create paintings.

I'm starting you off with todays painting, a Pelican. Such an amazing combination of awkwardness and regal attitude, this guy provided me with hours of entertainment. I hope you enjoy this series as much as I have and will!

4 comments:

  1. Wendie - really, really wonderful job on this beautiful pelican. And I absolutely loved the way you summed him up - awkwardness and regal - I can't think of a better way to say it! I've lived in Florida my entire life and I rarely have time to stop and really appreciate what we have here. It's nice to have a fresh perspective on it. Thank you, and I look forward to your future bird projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa...as you know it is way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bird and you painted him beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...